It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 01:02 AM   #1
(male)

DBroyles1978 HB User
Why does my left knee keep doing this?

I was in professional wrestling for nine years.I retired after my left knee started popping out or dislocating.I can feel it starting to give out then the pain hits.I'll have swelling,joint stiffness and tenderness for 2-3 weeks then it will start feeling better.Most of the pain is on the inside of the knee around the Tibia(sp?) and sometimes a little in the front between the Patela and shin region.I went to a couple of medical centers and they just told me that I'd sprained the knee joint.It feels a long way off from being a sprain when it happens.Can you tell me what's going on?My biggest fear is that I'm going to have to have surgery because my kids depend on me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Why does my left knee keep doing this?

Okay, it sounds like your knee is unstable. It could be you need surgery, or it could be that correct rehab and exercises will make it stable again.

Don't waste any more time with drop in medical centers or emergency facilities. Go to a real orthopedic surgeon, preferably one who works with knees a lot. He'll do a physical exam and possibly an MRI to figure out exactly what's wrong and what the best treatment might be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User
Re: Why does my left knee keep doing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroyles1978 View Post
I was in professional wrestling for nine years.I retired after my left knee started popping out or dislocating.I can feel it starting to give out then the pain hits.I'll have swelling,joint stiffness and tenderness for 2-3 weeks then it will start feeling better.Most of the pain is on the inside of the knee around the Tibia(sp?) and sometimes a little in the front between the Patela and shin region.I went to a couple of medical centers and they just told me that I'd sprained the knee joint.It feels a long way off from being a sprain when it happens.Can you tell me what's going on?My biggest fear is that I'm going to have to have surgery because my kids depend on me.
The medial meniscus, the one situated at the inner knee is attached to the medial ligament. Therefore it is more susceptible to injury. Take the edvice from Jane and have it seen properly. I have had similar in both my knees. Both were scoped, walked in walked out of hospital within two hours on each occasion. Almost no trouble since and that was years ago.
James

Last edited by james079; 06-22-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: took out a too

Closed Thread