It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
(female)

Jannah HB User
pain in left hip in the back!!!

the last 3 days straight ive been in constant pain on my left hip in the back, its in the middle of my back and the end of my hip there is no brusing or swelling and it doesnt hurt to touch it. it sometimes goes down my leg about half way to my knee and there are times i feel like my foot has a little dull ache feeling but i dont feel it going all down my leg just around my hip and my foot but its a very small ache. its not extreme pain but its a constant dull ache, it hurts mostly to sit down. And when i lay down it hurts worse and feels like the something is being pulled. it sometimes hurts to walk and the dull ache turns to a throbbing pain. its been waking me up in the middle of the night causing me to toss and turn. i dont know what it is, its not getting any better it feels like its a little worse than before. im only 21 and am very active, im not overweight or anything. any advice or anyone expreience the same thing? bengay seems to sooth it a little but not much. when i wake it up hard to move because it feels very stiff and hurts a lot to bend over or get down on my knees but that slowly works out later in the day but the constant pain is still there.

Last edited by Jannah; 08-07-2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: forgot important info

Old 08-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: pain in left hip in the back!!!

Sounds similar to symptoms of sciatica which is actually a back problem where the sciatic nerve is irritated or impinged.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
(female)

Jannah HB User

is it something that will heal on its own over time? or will i have to go to the doctor for something?

Old 08-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

It can be transient and disappear, but if you are insured it's probably good to see a physician to get full evaluation. Sometimes sciatica is minor and treated with things like physical therapy and sometimes it can have a more major cause such as the disc impinging the nerve.

Check out information on sciatica and look at the symptoms and if they match up to what you are feeling. Also you can look at a spinal dermatome chart. It shows you where you feel pain if, for example, the L5 vertebrae and/or disc are involved. You'll want to review the anatomy of the spine to understand the different areas but typically sciatica is lumbar in origin.

Last edited by SpineAZ; 08-08-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
(female)

Jannah HB User

ya it seems to match up, thank you very much for the reply i really appreciate it ^^ i will give it a few days to see if it gets any better before i go to the doctor.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

If you have no medical problems you can consider trying ibuprofen or naproxen or aspirin for relief. But if you are on any blood thinning medications first see your doctor before starting an NSAID dosage (Non steroidal Anti Inflammatories include ibuprofin, etc)

Closed Thread

Tags
hip and butt pain, hip pain