It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
(female)

LessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB User
Euflexxa any opinions or experiences?

Reviewed my MRI results today of my right knee. I fell on my knee cap back in May. I have had discomfort ever since despite common remedies. X-ray shows no bone problem. MRI shows mild cartilage damage. The pain comes from swelling when my patella shifts around without enough cushion...because the cartilage was damaged...as he put it..almost like a pot hole..LOL..a hollowing? So he suggested filling the space with some gel shots....injections..3..one each week...they are called...Euflexxa.

Also, before I decide, I will start PT and I got PIROXICAM, btw, that's as needed right?

Old 10-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Euflexxa any opinions or experiences?

My mom has been getting euflexxa shots for several years. It has worked wonders in her pain and activity level. I'd say in her case it has been very successful.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
(female)

LessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB User
Re: Euflexxa any opinions or experiences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainReader View Post
My mom has been getting euflexxa shots for several years. It has worked wonders in her pain and activity level. I'd say in her case it has been very successful.

Good luck.
Thank you so much! I am going to PT currently and am glad because they are finding some scar tissue has formed and has immobileized the right side of my right knee cap. So, they are working to break that up as well as strengthen my surrounding muscles to better support my knee tracking. They did say it may not be all I need to remedy the chronic swelling associated with the compressed cartilage, the divit I created when I fell. I may still need the gel injections.
Right now the PT recommends I don't do any intense cardio. No ellipitical or bicycle. (for now)Only walking, not treadmill walking, but rather everyday activity walking. And it is difficult for me to hold back. I hate getting out of a good exercise routine...ugh Glad to hear your Mom has had such good report I am hopeful as well

Closed Thread