It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
(male)

yankman54 HB User
Question Size and weight of knee replacement hardware?

Does anyone know how many ounces total knee replacement hardware weighs? My wife has had both knees replaced and has also had gastric bypass. She has dropped from 247 pounds to 105 pounds and would like to account for the weight of the metal in her knees in deciding on a final goal wieght.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
(male)

evj HB User
Re: Size and weight of knee replacement hardware?

check your numbers

The Following User Says Thank You to evj For This Useful Post:
yankman54 (11-05-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
(male)

yankman54 HB User

evh (newbie),

Thank you for your reply. When you say "check your numbers" I am thinking that you are talking about my weight figures (247, 105). That is her weight (247) just before the bypass surgery and her weight today (105). They are accurate weights. I am hoping that was your question. If not, I am sorry that I misundrstood your reply.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

I've held the TKR implants and they weigh more than the bone it replaces. So she actually weighs less than 105lbs, comparatively. As for the by-pass, I imagine they took out more than they left so that would mean she's lighter that way so perhaps the two balance each other out. That would be based on a true by-pass rather than lap band or anything where a device was implanted.

As for the difference between the implant and the actual bone, I don't know how much but was told and felt them for myself, they are heavier. Maybe a pound or so difference.

Jen

The Following User Says Thank You to jennybyc For This Useful Post:
yankman54 (11-07-2011)
Closed Thread