It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
(male)

pranger HB User
Question knee pain that can't be explained.

Ok well about 3 years ago my knee started hurting, it never lasted longer than 15min and only about once a year if that, then about a year ago it started hurting more frequently, I would say all day on and off for mabey a week, but here in the past 4 months it hurts all day everyday. Pain that I can ignore and then it just hurts to the point where I get tears building up in my eyes, my pain tollerance is rather high, now for knee pain to affect me and wake me from dead sleep at least once every 2 nights. I have congenital pars defect aka bad hip, it never has caused me an issue and far as dr says shouldn't. I have tried everything I can think of from dietary supplements to, it aleve, to naproxen sodium prescription, to percocet (perc 10s), to tramadol. The only thing that really helped me was the tramadol at 4 (50mg) once a day and once in a while twice a day. I am about 5'8 to 5'9 weighing about 144.5 at 26 years old. Any ideas would be very helpfull ! My dr told me to stop taking drugs I don't have a script for and try aleve, that with my adderall should do the trick, I told him it doesn't and still tried it again because my dr told me to. I have notified him that it has not worked and have yet to here back from him.

Last edited by pranger; 12-05-2011 at 12:19 AM. Reason: word choice

Old 12-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: knee pain that can't be explained.

Hip defects can DEFINITELY cause knee pain. My father was born with a mild hip defect. In his 40s, he developed hip arthritis, but the first symptom of his HIP arthritis was KNEE pain.

Here's what you need to do:

1) Stop taking painkillers which are not prescribed for you, that's illegal, and if your doctor knows about it, he's less likely to prescribe you legitimate medicine.

2) Go to a good orthopedic surgeon. He'll probably want x-rays of both your hip and your knee, and possibly MRI as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2012, 04:56 AM   #3
(male)

Railroad Man HB UserRailroad Man HB User
Re: knee pain that can't be explained.

I've been having knee pain in both for the past 2-3 years.You might want to go to the ortho dr and ask about the EUFLEXXA shots. Insurance will pay for them and they give them to you in groups of 3 in each knee ( 1 each week ) I had my left knee injected back in the first of August and has helped it real good. I was having pain at night time,sharp burning like a hot iron on my knee,soreness, but my right knee is worse and am afraid of having knee replacement. I do not take any pain pills but I do take about two advils in early afternoon and the maybe one before bed,I use some cream call Voltarian Gel and also use a cold packfor about 15-20 min and that helps alot, but the right knee is still very painful and I am having thoughts about knee rep after the first of year. I'm scared to death with surgery,( not the surgery but the people that work in these hospitals that cause you to get all this infection that goes around and their mistakes. Search the Euflexxa on the internet and read about it,some people it works good on others it doesen't. Good Luck (My knees are wore out from 30 years on the railroad,walking & climbing )

Reply Reply