It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
(male)

Billguy HB User
Knee pain please help! Locking up

My left knee locks up when Its bent fully and I try to stand up or straighten it . I've noticed that I can feel that it locks up right outside of my knee cap. When I bend it my self and straighten it, it always pops. If if I really wanted to I could make it lock up , but It is very painful. When I stand up and flex my
Leg fully and lean forward the pain is all under and on the sides of my knee. X ray results negative and MRI came up bruised patella on the opposite side it licks up and a lcl strain. Please help me! I gettin arthroscopic surgery in a month but I want to have an idea of what it is before I go in. PS. I have wrestled for 10 years and it's been locking up for a year and therapy has done nothing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB User
Re: Knee pain please help! Locking up

Locking, catching, and giving way can all be signs of cartilage delamination. Make sure that your surgeon looks at the films (not just the report), and be sure to ask him if there is delamination. It can be detected on MRIs, but is usually not caught. And, it can be repaired arthroscopically once detected.

If you are unsure of what your doctor is doing during the surgery, you need to go back and make him explain himself! I have had hip surgery with an incompetent surgeon who did not have a plan. Make sure that your doctor has a plan and can articulate it to you.

If you know what the doc is doing, like ACL repair, then please post the procedure, and I am sure that other posters will share their surgical recovery stories and tips.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User
Re: Knee pain please help! Locking up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billguy View Post
My left knee locks up when Its bent fully and I try to stand up or straighten it . I've noticed that I can feel that it locks up right outside of my knee cap. When I bend it my self and straighten it, it always pops. If if I really wanted to I could make it lock up , but It is very painful. When I stand up and flex my
Leg fully and lean forward the pain is all under and on the sides of my knee. X ray results negative and MRI came up bruised patella on the opposite side it licks up and a lcl strain. Please help me! I gettin arthroscopic surgery in a month but I want to have an idea of what it is before I go in. PS. I have wrestled for 10 years and it's been locking up for a year and therapy has done nothing
Sounds like osteochondritis dissicans sometimes called joint mice. Little bits of articular cartlage that are translucent and dont show on xray. The surgeon will wash them out.
James

Closed Thread