It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
(female)

nana b HB Usernana b HB Usernana b HB User
Question cyro cuff, polar bear? for tkr

can someone tell me the difference between cyro cuff, polar bear and ice gel paks???
which are better? what are your likes and dislikes?

are these provided to us by our dr or do we rent them ourselves, or buy them on their site????

I am learning more daily about this surgery coming up in May.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
(female)

let me walk HB Userlet me walk HB User
Re: cyro cuff, polar bear? for tkr

Hi nana b,
I had a bilateral PFJR (patella femoral joint replacement ) 2 years ago. I used the cyro cuff, LOVED it! Oddly, the ortho department didn't even mention it to me. I had known about it prior to my replacements. Sometimes insurance will cover, mine did not. I ordered mine through their website.

It's slick. You fill the cooler with water and a bit of ice. Hold the cooler up high, let the cold water drain into the knee pad. Place it on your knee for 20 minutes. When done, transfer the water back into the cooler. It will get cold again and in 20 minutes you can "ice" again. (The water inside the cooler stays very cold and lasts for hours!!!) It works perfect for 20 minutes on 20 minutes off. You don't have to get up and go the freezer, it's all done from wherever you are sitting. Although you will be moving in your recovery, it's great for the longer stretches of time that you sit down!! I'm not a fan of the ice gel paks.

The Following User Says Thank You to let me walk For This Useful Post:
nana b (03-21-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
(female)

micro3512 HB User

I love my cryo cuff. My swelling has gone down a lot but I still have it handy in case, especially after knee exercises. I assume I keep it, LOL. Definitely use it

Old 03-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
(female)

nana b HB Usernana b HB Usernana b HB User

can you tell me about your experience with tkr,physical therapy, the surgery and the pain. Wanting to points this surgery may 29 knowing as much as I can.
also your experience with the pain meds basically anything you think will be helpful to me

Closed Thread