It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
(male)

Johnnywsf HB User
Pain in Right Knee Cap After Sleeping on Side

Last July, I woke up in the middle of the night with severe pain in my right knee cap. The day before I had run 2 miles along rough terrain through a forest preserve, but didn't notice any pain or inflammation until I woke up in the middle of the night. I had inflammation in my right knee and had to limp to the restroom because of the severe pain when putting pressure on that knee. For about three weeks later, I walked with a limp, and then it slowly started feeling better. Slowly over the months, I've carefully built my way up to walking for a mile, then just last month I was able to jog for a mile without any pain.. only a very subtle discomfort.

I notice whenever I wake up in the middle of the night, especially on my right side, there's noticeable pain again. And once in a while, like today, just out of nowhere the pain is back and I have to walk with a limp because of the pain when I put pressure on it. No pain when I'm not walking or putting pressure on it. Does anyone have any idea what's going on with my knee? Since I've been jogging 1 mile two times a week for the last month, I thought I was healing, and I was optimistic. Now today it's another setback. Any ideas, suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Old 04-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Pain in Right Knee Cap After Sleeping on Side

There may be some sort of inflammation in the tissues around the kneecap, such as the bursas. This may cause you to feel pain AFTER rather than during activity.

Ice it a lot, especially before bed, and make an appointment to get it checked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
(male)

Johnnywsf HB User
Re: Pain in Right Knee Cap After Sleeping on Side

Thanks, janewhite1 .. I hadn't thought of that. That could be what's happening. I'll have to make an appt soon.

Closed Thread