It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
(male)

tommylex HB User
4 months after hip replacement

Hi I am new to this board and had a THR on the 8 Dec 2011,I was following the 6 month after hip replacement,which was very informative,but was taken off,due to being to long a thread mind you it was in 2005-2007,but many people used this like mrsLinda and balleteach wigs and Ripanco to name just a few.My hip seems to be progressing well,as I can tie my shoes and now can do most things I use to be able to do.The only problem I seem to have is that when I walk for 500 yards or so I get a pain at the top of my thigh,but if I walk on grass it seems not to bother me.I have put it down to muscle weakness and trust it will improve,anyone out there have any comments...I am also hoping to play golf in the next few weeks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
(female)

mizwolf2000 HB User
Re: 4 months after hip replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylex View Post
Hi I am new to this board and had a THR on the 8 Dec 2011,I was following the 6 month after hip replacement,which was very informative,but was taken off,due to being to long a thread mind you it was in 2005-2007,but many people used this like mrsLinda and balleteach wigs and Ripanco to name just a few.My hip seems to be progressing well,as I can tie my shoes and now can do most things I use to be able to do.The only problem I seem to have is that when I walk for 500 yards or so I get a pain at the top of my thigh,but if I walk on grass it seems not to bother me.I have put it down to muscle weakness and trust it will improve,anyone out there have any comments...I am also hoping to play golf in the next few weeks
I am 5 weeks post-op tomorrow. I had anterior approach so my recovery is different than yours, however.... I wanted to say that when I over do it, the pain that I DO have, is that muscle in a patch that runs horizontally across the very top of my thigh in about a 3-4" swath. I'm curious if that's the same spot? Seems odd that walking in grass would be easier on your pain though... I would think it'd be the opposite? I will ask the PT if the pain in that muscle is from not being used in so long or if it's from the surgery. I won't see him til Friday but I will let you know. Best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2012, 01:45 AM   #3
(male)

tommylex HB User
Re: 4 months after hip replacement

mizwolf2000,I had the posterior approach which does take longer to heal,I have progressed very well though Quite often I forget I have had it done.The pain is at the top of the hip on the side only,it may even be my gait,although I was signed off by my PT after 7 weeks,leg difference the same and no limp.Walking on grass may help as it has give in the ground.I climbed up this tour within about 150 foot from the top it was 1450 foot high.I only stopped because of the thought of going back down and falling.but had no pain whatsoever.I did take my stick as a precaution but did not really use it.I look forward to hearing what your PT may say,By the way what were you told about dentistry?

Closed Thread