It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
(female)

KittyxD19 HB User
Chronic Knee Pain

I have been having chronic knee pain for years now in both knees, and I have had 2 MRI's done on my knees. But they keep showing up as "nothing serious" as my doctor would say. Now this makes no sense they say theres nothing wrong but I still lay awake at night keep up by this constant pain from my knees. The pain i experience is a constant ache, and some days its hurts to move and other times its gives me relief to move. There's a very loud crunch and pops every time I bend and most times when I step. This has become crippling, Somedays I can't even get out of bed form the pain and lack of mobility. My knees will give out all the time even sometimes when I'm not even moving and I'm just standing there. Now, I know that my mother and sister both have problems with their knees. but I'm not sure if that has much to do with it. I guess what I'm trying to ask, is if there's anyone out there that knows of a condition, or syndrome or disease that sounds similar. I'm really at my ends wit here this chronic knee pain has taken lots of my life away. and I just wanna know what is wrong with me? Thank you all so very much, for just hearing me out. I wish you the best.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Chronic Knee Pain

Okay, the first thing you should do is get the actual films from those MRIs and take them to a good orthopedic surgeon for a second opinion. If there's still no explanation, ask for a referral to physical therapy. Sometimes a good PT can figure out things that a surgeon could miss.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread