It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Larimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB User
The Other Hip--Time to Replace

When I got my right hip done in 2008 and had my first comprehensive checkup, my doctor said he wouldn't need to see me for 5 years, but he said "I'll be seeing you in 4 years for the other hip." So, he was right! Just made an appointment for July 13 to start the process for theleft hip. I will be interested to see if my journey/experience is any different the second time around. It is helpful to know what to expect. So, haven't posted for a while, but expect i will do so after my appointment. It is helpful to share and get feedback from others. Glad I still have all my paraphenalia from last time--raised toilet seat, tub bench, reachers, etc.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Silver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB User
Re: The Other Hip--Time to Replace

Hi Larimergirl:
So glad you are going to take the plunge and get that other hip replaced. So far so good with me - no problems with either replaced hip. Good that you have all the needed equipment stored for its use the second time around. Have you been doing the on the bed exercises to keep your thigh muscles strong?

Please keep us posted as to how things are going.

Shirley H.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
(female)

silver515 HB User
Re: The Other Hip--Time to Replace

HI...I had my right hip done and then my left one done 6 years later. I always said my other hip would never have surgery, since the x-rays always looked fine. HOwever, things changed and I was in denial about the pain for awhile and when the dr said that hip was ready for surgery, I had no choice. Of course I has happy I did it....things will be a little easier because you know what to expect. I also had most of my tools...toilet seat, reacher , etc...good luck! Both my hips are doing well..will never feel totally "normal" but better than that pain...

Closed Thread