It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
(female)

Bessieboops HB User
Question Hip pain for 2 yrs - normal MRI and XRay??

Hi, this is my first post, so be kind to me

I've had hip pain for almost 2 years now, sometimes shooting down my thigh also spasms in my back if I stand for 20mins or so. I thought it was sciatica at 1st, went to GP who said no and gave me pain killers, was referred to physio, no good so was sent for MRI and Xray, both came back normal. Was given more exercises to do and a year down the line it's still the same. My physio is now referring me to a class for chronic back pain basically saying I've got to live with it?!?!?!?! (I have had back pain on and off for 20 years, but this back pain is nothing like I've had in the years).

I also have other minor ailments that I'm afraid to tell my GP (tenderness of skin in several areas, unexplained weight gain, orange fingers/hands), as will more than likely think I'm a hypochondriac.

I didn't know whether to be firm with my GP and say I want some answers or go on this class and bite my lip.

Help someone ppppppllllllleeeeeaaaasssseeeee

Old 06-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Hip pain for 2 yrs - normal MRI and XRay??

i had the dame kind of pain. Went to my chiropractor and was all straightened out in a month or so. He then had me go to a trainer to stengthen my core. Never any more pain and am stronger than ever!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
(female)

Bessieboops HB User

I have considered that in the past, will have to give one a try, fingers crossed it will work out, thank you

Old 06-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

My chiro is also an MD....not many bother to do that but he did. I feel blessed to have him!

Old 06-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

kenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB User

I had hip and thigh pain for 3.5 years. I limped every where I went, I cried, I had so much pain, all tests came back normal. She even sent me to a shrink who said it was all in my head. Then one day about a month ago, I was seeing my regular doctor for the same pain. There just so happened to be a sports medicine doctor visiting that day. The sports medicine doctor had me lay on the table, checked both my hips and legs and determined that my hip was out of alignment. She pulled gently on my leg and bing bam boom, I was cured! I walked out of there with zero pain and no limp! I was ecstatic! I seriously had so much pain before that, that I couldn't even get in and out of the car, and once I got out, I couldn't walk to the door without a walker. 3.5 YEARS of this crap, 4 doctors, lots of tests and all it took was a tug on my leg to fix it! Do yourself a favor and go see a sports medicine doctor and see if that helps. I hope it helps!!! Let me know.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:19 AM   #6
(female)

Bessieboops HB User

Thanks guys, will definately try the chiro first see if that works (fingers crossed it does), am starting to feel positive for the 1st time in a long time . Will keep you posted

Old 06-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #7
(female)

Bessieboops HB User

Hi guys, just a quick update, went to see Chiropractor today, wow is all I can say, he did a thermal imaging scan and found that my pelvis and neck are twisted!!! He said it could have been like it for 20years!! He said it's twisting my spine, pulling the muscles which is causing this pain. Thank god is all I can say but am peeved that it has gone on for so long and the docs/physio didn't mention anything like this at all. The chiro said it can be corrected and am due back there on Friday fingers crossed I will be pain free in the very near future

The following user gives a hug of support to Bessieboops:
SweetPeainSF (06-13-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB User

I had some luck with a chiropractor for lumbar and cervical pain. I would be very careful if the chiropractor wants to adjust your cervical spine (neck area) without the benefit of an MRI. If you have an underlying narrow cervical spinal canal, an adjustment of the cervical spine can cause unforeseen problems. I would do a little internet research on this particular issue, and tell the chiropractor to avoid this area if you determine it's not in your best interest.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:58 AM   #9
(female)

Bessieboops HB User

Had my first session this morning, have another 10 or so left. Have only just seen you post sweetpea, didn't realise having the neck aligned could cause problems, he did do that area and my lumbar area, I do have a headache now but nothing else. I will have a look on the net to see what it says (thanks for the info )

Old 06-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB User

I had a headache after a cervical adjustment, shortly thereafter an MRI showed that I had a small cervical herniation, and was told by an MD not to allow any cervical adjustments. The chiropractor was not real happy, but he did abide by my wishes. (The cervical herniation has been 90 percent resolved with one epidural injection in May 2011. It was caught quickly and was merely bulging, not torn.) Of course, the decision is yours, but without a cervical MRI, I would urge caution.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:07 AM   #11
(female)

kerlanjobe HB User

There's also a chance that the MRI missed something in your knee. If injections, physical therapy and everything else doesn't work then arthroscopic knee surgery might provide answers.

Reply Reply