It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
(female)

mmb60887 HB User
Meniscus Tear??

I have been having pain in my knee for a few months now. Went to the doc and he said he is pretty sure it is a torn meniscus and possibly LCL. Sent me for an MRI to confirm. I have the MRI disc but no report and my appointment isn't for another week, I'm a very impatient person Does anyone here have any idea how to read an MRI that would be willing for me to send you a pic?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ldy12 HB Userldy12 HB Userldy12 HB Userldy12 HB Userldy12 HB Userldy12 HB User
Re: Meniscus Tear??

Hi there,

If your doctor told you he believes you do have a tear, it is BEST that you HAVE HIM GIVE YOU THE RESULTS OF THE MRI!! NONE OF US on this board is qualified to read MRIs and besides, I don't believe there would be any way to send it to any of us anyhow.

I know you're probably getting impatient, and HURTING, but you really need to chill and let the doctor communicate to you want is wrong with your knee! When I got the MRI on my right knee in November of 2010, I looked at it on my computer, but HAD ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT I WAS LOOKING AT! Even though I was impatient at the the time, and my knee REALLY was BAD, I had to wait an EXTRA THREE WEEKS till my follow-up appointment to bring my surgeon the DVD of the MRI to read! But, since he had already done an x-ray of the knee in his office at my first appt. when I returned to his care (long story I won't bore you with) in Oct. of 2010, he confirmed at that time, that I needed a total knee replacement, but he just wanted to confirm with an MRI, HOW BAD the knee really was. So I was willing to wait the extra time. Besides, we had already decided that I was going to wait till early spring of 2011 to have the surgery, because I didn't want to be rehabbing the TKR knee with snow and ice on the ground, where I could easily slip and fall and damage the nice new prosthetic knee he gave me! (I did the same thing with the left knee earlier this year - waited till late March to have that TKR surgery.)

Good luck and keep us posted!

Regards,
Carol

Last edited by ldy12; 07-24-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: More info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply