It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
(female)

eiggam68 HB User
Pain after THR

Hi
I am 7 weeks post op after a second THR and I am in as much pain now as I was before the op. This time the pain is in my knees and my left ankle. My left knee hurts when I bend it and my leg is swollen to twice it's size. This I my operated on side. I went to see the surgeon ( his registrar actually) on Tuesday.I was surprised they did not send me for an x-ray and when I told her about the pain and also about the clicking in my back/hip and knee she just said that would settle down. She told me to go back to two sticks for walking outside and that I had done too much which was making my knee painful. Has anyone else suffered the same way and does it get better or have my knees now given up the ghost.Also my locum GP told me to get a tens machine but when I went to Lloyds chemist to buy one they said I cannot use one because of the implants also because I am diabetic. Anyone else know if this is true?
Hoping someone can put my mind at rest
Marjorie

Reply Reply