It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
(female)

ohioteach200 HB User
Puffy area below knee

I have a puffy area below my knee slightly to the left of my kneecap. Had an MRI and was told there was nothing structurally wrong with my knee. Several shots later and some physically therapy and the puffy area is still there and is tender to the touch...was told that it was bursitis. I wear a knee wrap to kind of protect the area but am tired of wearing it. Have had it for about 9 months was wondering if anyone else has had this. I am fairly active and am 51 yrs old 5'2" and 120 pounds so I am not overweight. I have always had legs that were kind of thick and the puffy area makes them look even heavier! wondering if it will ever go away. They were going to drain it using an ultrasound but there was no pocket of fluid to drain.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Puffy area below knee

Could be generalized swelling of some of the soft tissues under the kneecap, such as the bursas. If a cortisone shot didn't help, wearing the wrap MIGHT hold down the swelling some. Or, you could ask for a prescription for a topical anti-inflammatory to bring down the swelling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
(female)

Aynneone HB User
Re: Puffy area below knee

Ive just posted re swelling/puffy area over hip bursa, wondering how you are doing with yours?... Initially I was told the puffiness was caused by fluid, but then that it was caused by inflammation....Hope things have improved for you.

Reply Reply