It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012, 04:07 AM   #1
(male)

jivers88 HB User
Recurring knee cartilage problems + new problem

Hi all, new here
Im posting because i feel like i am getting nowhere with the nhs
Im 24, ive had 3 knee operations in 4 years, all meniscus, 1 repair, 2 trims and im 100% i need another
Im so sick of this, my life is normal for 6 months and then it happens again, i cant help but this that there is something causing this to keep happening.
Im fit and healthy, ive been playign football and running since i was 12, i train in the gym 3-4 times a week.
That is the main problem, the second problem, last month i was playing football and i noticed my knee was swelled up ( bearing in mind my meniscus has gone again, i just assumed that was the reason).
I iced it for a few days but nothing changed, 3 days later my knee was massive and completely bruised. i stopped all sport for a week to let it heal.
1 week later i played again, this time i had this lump on the inside of the top of my left knee, it felt like a knot like you get in your back. I iced it again and nothing changed
I still have this lump 2 weeks later and no change, it doesnt hurt, but when pressed it is sore. Any one have any ideas?, im going to post up some pictures later

Thanks in advvance

Old 08-27-2012, 03:32 AM   #2
(female)

barbjean13 HB User
Re: Recurring knee cartilage problems + new problem

Have you read up on Bakers cysts? I have one due to cartilage problems. I am having a second arthroscopy done soon and asked the doctor if he would do something about the cyst. He said they are more of a symptom than a cause of problems and that when the cartilage is repaired, it should resolve itself. From all I have read about them, that seems to be the case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply