It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
(female)

mamatofour HB User
Knot and Popping?

I am about 2 months post op for a microfracture surgery, I am walking on it now, (after 6 weeks of crutches, nwb). I am able to get it to bend to 98* after the warm up and deep massage the PT gal does. Now, the other night, I was lying in bed with my husband and I had my foot wrapped up in the blanket, he wanted to get off the bed and threw the blanket by accident and my knee did a 'snap crackle pop' for the second time since I have been walking. (The first was a stupid mistake of me trying to bicycle for PT) lol. The next day or so, I found that I have something I can FEEL next to my incision on the lateral side near my kneecap. It is hard, doesn't hurt to push on it but when I walk, I can feel it as though it is about to pop (builds the pressure to the point of pain, but never does pop because I stop bending it at that point and walk with a limp) I go in for another MRI...doc says he thinks I tore my lateral meniscus or it is scar tissue built up / shifting, etc. I personally don't think I tore anything, but am still lost as to what it could be! The PT said she thought it was a fluid filled sac that needed to be drained but the O.S said no. Hmm...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply