It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #16
(male)

ricpope HB User
Re: tkr date on 9/17/2012

keep using the cpm, try to get to zero and 100. if you can flatten the knee then rehab will be a bit easier. do all the exercises when you are supposed to . good luck. i wish i had a cpm..

Old 10-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #17
(female)

Tampa Mom HB UserTampa Mom HB User
Wink Re: tkr date on 9/17/2012

I'm at negative 2 and 98. My follow up doc appointment is this coming Thurs. I had been running on an elliptical 4-5 times for an hour, every week. Combined with light weights and stretches, I was in the best position I could be in for TKR.

Insurance is paying for CPM; bought the ice machine myself, makes it do much easier than dealing with messy bags of ice or frozen peas.

I can't get out of my house when no one is here, and I'm getting a bit stir crazy. To help ease side effects I am off dairy, so no consoling ice cream or lattes.

The knee scar, wow is it awful. It Kay conclude my short hemline era.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2012, 03:10 AM   #18
(male)

ricpope HB User

WOW i wish my nmbers were that good. as far as stir crazy, i ran the bateries out of the remote in the first 2 weeks, could not stop changing channels. outdoors is over rated. your time is coming, be sure you can walk with the walker and then when it is time you wll take long walks. down the driveway, down the street. that is about all you get, enjoy it. stay on the boards, enjoy your time with no PT

Old 10-15-2012, 04:49 AM   #19
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricpope View Post
WOW i wish my nmbers were that good. as far as stir crazy, i ran the bateries out of the remote in the first 2 weeks, could not stop changing channels. outdoors is over rated. your time is coming, be sure you can walk with the walker and then when it is time you wll take long walks. down the driveway, down the street. that is about all you get, enjoy it. stay on the boards, enjoy your time with no PT
Thanks. I confess I feel very depressed at moments, It's so isolating. I had wrist problems year's ago and I am starting to feel the same twinges since when I get up st night the pain makes me put more weight on the walker.

The cut back on pain meds has helped reduce the side effects. I am going to reach out to friend and maybe seeing other people will help me get through this.low point.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #20
(male)

ricpope HB User

yea, dont do what i did, i asked for a divorce.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #21
(female)

Wow, if my husband wasn't here I would never have gotten through thr last two weeks. He has been very supportive, refilling the ice machine and assuring me things will get better, picking up my everhr changing scripts, etc. People who live alone must have.to go to a rehab faculty to transition back .

I did not think this would be as painful as its been with so many side effects, since I worked to be in the best possible shape beforehand.

By the way my pt says my numbers on the cpm don't translate to my actual range, there can be a 5-10 degree difference.

Right now I have sharp shooting pains in my calf and the inside of my knee. Grr.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #22
(female)

Wow, if my husband wasn't here I would never have gotten through thr last two weeks. He has been very supportive, refilling the ice machine and assuring me things will get better, picking up my everhr changing scripts, etc. People who live alone must have.to go to a rehab faculty to transition back .

I did not think this would be as painful as its been with so many side effects, since I worked to be in the best possible shape beforehand.

By the way my pt says my numbers on the cpm don't translate to my actual range, there can be a 5-10 degree difference.

Right now I have sharp shooting pains in my calf and the inside of my knee. Grr.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #23
(male)

ricpope HB User

well this is the end of 15 years of emotional abuse. it happens to men also. i am glad your husband is there for you. i had to fly my mother here to help take care of me. it is a hard road to recover. but you will have the kne with you for at least 15 years or more. i will never get this one replaced. i will die with it. but it is the best thing for my knee. today the knee swelled and i have not been able to get it to go down. i have been icing it and keping it elevated. oh well the first day of many. all is well.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:46 AM   #24
(female)

I cannot imagine opting to do this again knowing what it has been like! Thanks to your mom for being there for you. I would take care if our babe if I needed to. I was so dejected yesterday I have doubled (as allowed) my pain med, am hoping the very ugly side effect doesn't recur.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #25
(male)

ricpope HB User

well it has been 5 and a half months at 14 have a serious limp. cannot get the leg straight. morning pain , but the knee is moving . so i guess that is a good thing. now i have a limp, the doctor wants straighten it out for me. gonna hurt, but what other choice do i have.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #26
(female)

Sorry to hear things are not going better for you. It's been four months since my TKR. I can get my knee uncomfortably to 100-111 degrees; my therapist can get it to 120 if I have taken pain meds. I am down to 15 minutes twice a week of manual therapy (manual bending). I go to the gym 5-6 times a week for 90 minutes. Biking is painful but possible, quad and calf strengthening, and squats and lunges to push the bend. I rarely limp but I can't fully straighten my leg either. My leg is stiff in the morning and when it's damp. I am so lucky I have been able to take time off from working to focus on recovery, since my ortho says my surgery was complicated, previous surgeries and scar tissue. Hope things get better for you soon. Hang in there and keep the faith.

The following user gives a hug of support to Tampa Mom:
ricpope (02-07-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to Tampa Mom For This Useful Post:
ricpope (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #27
(male)

ricpope HB User

glad to hear you are doing well. i am supposed to have the other knee done soon. i am putting that off for a while.

The Following User Says Thank You to ricpope For This Useful Post:
Tampa Mom (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #28
(female)

Honestly, I would have to be in pretty awful pain to go thru this again... Don't blame you for postponing!

Reply Reply