It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
(female)

Robbie201 HB User
Exclamation Please help my understand my CT scan

Hi!

I have recently had an Anthrogram CT scan on my knee and I am unable to get to my dr for a translation as she is away on holidays. The medical terminology confuses me! If you can interpret please go ahead!!

This is what the report says:

Technique: Contrast injection into the lateral aspect of the patellofemoral compartment.

Findings: Preliminary knee radiographs demonstrate moderate joint effusion in the suprapatellar recess. The knee joint spaces are preserved. Alignment is normal. There is no radio-opaque intra-articular loose body or chondrocalcinosis.

The anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments are intact.

There is a probable partial thinkness tear in the undersurface of the posterior horn of the medial meniscus. The medial, femoral and tibial articular cartilages are intact. The medial supporting structures are intact.

The lateral meniscus and lateral femoral and tibial articular cartilages are preserved. The lateral supporting structures are intact. The proximal tib/fib joint is unremarkable.

There is no Baker's cyst.

There is high grade chondral fissuring in the medial and lateral patellar articular cartilage. The femoral trochlear articular cartilage is preserved. There is slight lateral patellar subluxation and tilt.

I have been on crutches for 3 weeks and the pain has been tolerable with heavy pain killers (panadine forte (codeine)). I cannot put weight on my knee and when I do my knee collapses or is very unstable. The most pain is on the sides of my knee and the back of my knee. I really don't know what is going on and because I have been unable to see my dr I am starting to get a little stressed out about what is going on. I guess I just need to know SOMETHING!!

I thank you in advance for your help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply