It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
(female)

Missamandaanne HB User
Misdiagnosed Hip Dysplasia?! Feeling disappointed...

This may be lengthy, I apologize for that.

I have been having issues with my left hip for as long as I can remember. The way I know to describe it best is, it feels like nothing is holding my hip joint together. While I always felt that something was "off," it never became a legitimate issue until I gained about 25lbs in the last couple years. If I walk too much, I am in pain for several days in my hip joint (it feels like the symptom I mentioned earlier, but way worse and painful - normally it isn't quite painful, just... uncomfortable). It feels like every step I take, my joint is dislocating. Whenever I stretch wrong or spread my legs for too long (like during intercourse), it hurts and I have to straighten out my leg for a few seconds to get it to stop hurting. When climbing stairs, I have become afraid of getting to a landing because pretty often I step on my left leg and feel severe pain until I stretch it out until I feel a crack in the joint.

Well, I went to the fair the week before last and had the pain I usually have when I walk too much, but way worse. It was finally the straw that got me to get to the doctor about this issue (after my husband has been practically begging me for years). After doing a little research, I was pretty certain what I have was hip dysplasia - all of my symptoms match and I am a first born female with the dysplasia in my left hip, which is very common. For the record, I'm not normally one to self-diagnose.

So, I went to the doctor this week and they took x-rays, but they came back normal. To say the least, I'm really upset. I know my hip is not normal whatsoever and I was looking forward to finally having some answers and hopefully have someone to advise me on what I could do to ease the pain and uncomfortability of the issue.

I am a healthy 24 year old and I am slightly overweight (165lbs, 5'7") but certainly not obese. I am just wondering, I guess, what anyone's thoughts are as to what this could be. Should I continue to push the issue with my doctor, get more x-rays? An MRI? Or this this "normal?"

Thank you to those that have read this entire thing and I appreciate any answers or advise you guys all have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply