It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
(female)

vanitybomb HB User
Chronic leg pain

I'm a 22/f, and I've experienced chronic leg pain since I was around 14. I brushed it off as possibly RLS since I constantly felt the need to move my legs when this pain was happening. It wasn't a constant thing until about two years ago. It feels like it's localized in my hip area, and shoots down my leg from there. It's not only on one side either, it equally affects both sides of my body. If I apply pressure to my side right on my hip, I feel the (tendon?) that seems to be causing the pain and I feel the pressure and pain from it all the way down my leg. It almost feels like growing pains but it's much worse. It's gotten to the point that it's difficult to walk and I'm almost constantly in pain now. I am having issues sleeping and I can't get comfortable anywhere anymore.

I went to a doctor previously and they gave me an MRI/X-Ray and did blood work and nothing was found. I felt I was brushed off after that. I'm very frustrated and I'm starting to get very depressed. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
(female)

elizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB User
Re: Chronic leg pain

I can't believe how dismissive doctors can be if they don't readily understand what's going on. That they'd choose to make their patients feel crazy, rather than simply say, "I don't know why you are in pain." IS crazy!

Have you ever heard of a book called Pain Free? It helps you relieve various pain, through simple exercises. It helped my husband a lot, with his back pain.

Worth a try?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply