It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
(female)

mamatofour HB User
Knee Manipulation, Scar Tissue Removal and still having issues?

I had surgery on June 26th for a torn piece of cartilage and wasn't allowed to walk on it for 6 weeks after the surgery. I was only able to get it to 92-96* (if I remember correctly) and after weeks of PT, I felt a popping sensation where the incision was on the lateral side. (like somethign was getting caught) He decided to do manual manipulation. Once he got me in there, he said he couldn't get it straight on his own by forcibly pushing it down as hard as he could and heard a lot of the normal scar tissue breaking up sounds...he decided to scope it. He found a large amount of scar tissue that he removed, then went in and trimmed where the cartilage he took out originally and microfractured (to get it to regrow) was...he said it grew a little more than it should have so he shaved it. Now I am 1.5 weeks post 2nd op and am having issues bending it on my own. I am on a CPM machine and am up to 86* flexion, 13* extension. On my own, i can do 82* flexion. . . I am starting to worry because I haven't been in the CPM the required 6 hours a day (less than that but i do make sure to get it in as much as i can with my kids) and feel as though that lateral scar (same place he did the original scope and second scope) is causing that flicking / popping sensation to come back. it is mild right now but I feel it. I dont' want my doctor to be upset because he feels as though I am flaking on my rehab...I am really pushing myself trying to gain some range of motion but it is slow going. it has been since April that I haven't been able to bend my knee normally. any suggestions to get it rolling, could I possibly need another manipulation yet again if that feeling is coming back? I knwo the PT told me today she feels that scar tissue is like a ball and is very thick and is a little concerned and wants me massaging it daily.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply