It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
(female)

212sraebj HB User
Question Knee pain accompanied by calf pain

I've had previous genetic knee pains, nothing that two Advils couldn't take care of.
As part of my job I am on my feet all day walking around. For the past two months my right knee, mainly the lower patella and outer knee area, have been in pain after an hour or two of being on them and get worse through out the day. Most days I have to RICE it after work. I started wearing OTC knee braces and compression braces. (I've had a MCL tear on the left knee previously.) They helped some but the pain was still there.

I took a week off of working constantly and went back today and the pain became worse than it has ever been and now has worked its way down to the right side of my right calf and my ankle became stiff as well.

I'm not sure what is going on and if it's something I need to see a doctor about (no insurance, so home remedies would be preferred).

Old 10-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
(female)

seamtress HB User
Re: Knee pain accompanied by calf pain

I have had the same problem. My doctor sent me to have a whole body scan because of my right knee and some other problems that I have been having. He told me there was nothing wrong. I got a copy of the bone scan report and the findings were degenerative changes bilateral shoulders and at the sternoclavicular joint. Asymmetric increased activity seen within the right lateral femoral epicondyle may represent osteoarthritic change. Degenerative changes bilateral ankles. There is some increased activity within the proximal right tibial shaft. Underlying stress injury may be present, Plain film correlation may be beneficial. I don't know what all this means, however I can't bend my knee and have a lot of pain in my knee and calf. Think I need a second opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
(male)

kyle50 HB User
Re: Knee pain accompanied by calf pain

RICE and compression are going to work great for the symptoms of your injury. A cold compression wrap will give you that compression to avoid swelling build-up and cold therapy to bring down existing inflammation. A blood flow stimulator (BFST) however will help to treat the actually injury by bringing oxygen and nutrients through the blood to the injured soft tissue, this is your body's natural healing process but a BFST will speed up this process greatly while you rest.

Reply Reply

Tags
calf pain, knee pain, walking