It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
(female)

grayfox HB Usergrayfox HB Usergrayfox HB User
Question Hip stiffness and pain

Hi,

I have been experiencing moderate stiffness and pain in my right hip for several months. My hip seems to frequently lock up and it is difficult to straighten my leg out. Walking is not a problem. I sprained my hip two years ago and I am wondering if I might have scar tissue building up. It almost feels like there is a growth near the inside of my hip.

I would appreciate any responses if anyone has ever experienced these symptoms. I will probably make an appointment with my doctor soon. I have been putting it off hoping it would go away.

Thanks in advance.

Grayfox

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
(male)

neilly HB User
Re: Hip stiffness and pain

Sounds like you need a new hip, I have had 2 now,and your symptoms sound about right. When you first get up it is hard to straighten and the first few steps hurt and then is OK? If so that is what both mine were like. I am currently 2 weeks post op from no.2(2.5 yrs. since no.1) and doing really well. Be glad to give you any insights I can about surgery and recovery.Do get in and have it checked out. Neil

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
(female)

Curbs HB User
Lightbulb Re: Hip stiffness and pain

Hi!

It sounds like what I had! I had Left Total Hip Replacement on March 20th and Right Total Hip Replacement on May 10th.

I was in pain for years, I had a surgery scheduled many years ago however changed my mind as I didn't have confidence in my Doctor.
I found my Doctor this year and decided and knew he was the one to do my surgery. I do not have any pain, I can do things that I couldnt do for many years. Walking 6 miles a day and cycling 15 to 20 miles on weekends!

My Doctor was brilliant, compassionate, caring and always had the time to listen and answer all my questions so I could understand. Best wishes and good
luck!

Reply Reply