It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
(female)

mamatofour HB User
Doc vs Therapist Opinions?

I have had 1 MUA, 1 Lysis of Adhesioins with MUA, and (what started it all) a mirofracture and cartilage removal surgery for a torn piece. He told me after this last time that he can't keep doing mua's on me and that this is getting ridiculous. He was a great doctor but I can tell he is frustrated and doesn't know much about arthrofibrosis and hasn't officially diagnosed me with it (my mother also has it to the point she has decided to live with the tumors growing on her body and spine to prevent further damage from AF after surgery...she lost movement and function of her shoulder the first time) Now the therapist I have is an in home one and she told me today that there is something going on IN the joint. She can feel it....though my ligaments are fine and feel great. The doctor thought it was lack of muscle tone but she says my muscles are fine (and isn't worried about toning them at all) I personally still feel a deep throbbing pain inside the joint on the medial side and she feels exactly the same spot. She can't say what it is but thinks the doctor should go do another scope or LOA ... something. The doctor basically says there is nothing wrong and that it is my pain tolerence but I FEEL my knee cap catching on something just above and to the inside of the incision. It feels as though it is growingu nder neath the kneecap because it is gradually getting worse and you can feel that same thing fromt he outside of the body.

now the hard part is that I am at 90* when the therapist pushes my knee to the point I am crying from the deep joint pain. The doctor doesn't want to do anymore surgeries to clean it out and wants to instead do a femoral nerve block at home for about 2 weeks or so (through an I.V) and get me to push past (word for word) the crunching sounds and get it moving again. I seem to do great right after the first few surgeries but then the degrees go down and i am 2 steps back from what I was prior.

My shocking news that the therapist and nurse both said is that if I don't get this knee back, that I will most likely need a TKR and I am only 25 years old! I don't see why they would do that if my knee itself is good and the ligaments are good....but I don't know what is going on? I just needed to bounce some thoughts off of all you wonderful people

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply