It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
(female)

mamatofour HB User
So desperate for answers...can't get past 86* :( Being admitted next week!

I tore my cartilage back in April. Had PT, then surgery June 26th. He did microfracture surgery to help it regrow. Then I couldn't get up to a good degree (it was at 96-98* depending on the swelling that day) so I had a manipulation Sept 14 and he couldn't get my knee to get any sort of good felxion or extension so he had to scope it out the same time. There was SO much scar tissue (I have Arthrofibrosis, it also runsi n my family). He sent me home with PT. i went as soon as they had openings and we did hard exercises to try to gain more motion (I decreased 10 degrees after that surgery even being on a CPM machine) ... he was still upset with my range of motion almost a month later so he scheduled ANOTHER manipulation for October 12th. Needless to say, he was angry at me saying I wasn't rehabbing it hard enough so he made me get a home therapist, nurse, etc. I literally CAN NOT bend my knee past 86* because of SEVERE deep bone / joint pain in the medial side of my right knee. It feels as though the bone is going to snap.

The OS said I needed a continuous nerve block so I went in last week to get one. The anesthesiologist ended up having to do it in hospital and (against my wishes and me verbally telling him repeatedly to not manipulate it because it is not his place) he said he wanted to see hwo far I could bend it. when i was moving it on my own before the block was working he grabbed my leg and bent it hard and fast. I screamed and started crying immediately...and it takes a LOT to make me cry in front of anyone. I heard a loud crack crack crack and pop. Not sure how far he got because I just felt intense pain.

Once the block was in and I was numb, I could get to 106* at home when the therapist came by. Once the block wore off that morning (he didn't give me continuous medicine, I just had the cath in) I was back down. Swelling NEVER went away since April and has just gotten worse. OS is very upset with my range and wants to admit me next tuesday to the hospital for 3 or so days. He wants to scope it again (Therapist says there is something wrong in there, she doesn't know what since all ligaments feel fine) and do another manipulation and hten I will have an epidural to take away feeling in my leg for the 3 days I am there to get it moving. When i am not doing PT, I will be doing CPM 24 hours a day. Seems so drastic but this is our last shot. He has no idea what is going on, neither do I. I am scared.... All he sees is scar tissue the last time he scoped it out but this pain is so intense when I bend it more than the normal relaxed state. It is once I get to about 86* that I can't take it anymore. I never tell the therapist to stop pushing, she just knows when enough is enough ... I am 25 and have no arthritis or anything. What in the world could it be?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
(female)

Tampa Mom HB UserTampa Mom HB User
Re: So desperate for answers...can't get past 86* :( Being admitted next week!

Wow. I can tell you, I had a TKR on Oct 3, and was told at sthe same time, my surgeon removed a lot of scar tissue from my prev knee surgeries, and he believes that is the cause of the significant inside knee pain I am feeling, on the opposite side from my TKR incision. The pain and swelling limit my progress in pt at this time.

Reply Reply