It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

klowek HB User
pain 5 months after menicus surgery

5 months ago I had Ortho. surgery on my right knee to remove a menicus tear. Dr. also cleaned up my knee for he said I have bad Orthritis. Much to do with my years of running. However three years ago I started biking. After I took it slow after surgery I continued my training for my first FLAT Century which i was able to complete in September ( 4 months) after surgery.
I ended up getting a steroid shot at the end of september to help reduce the swelling. The Doctor wanted to give the shot much earlier but I thought I would be able to manage without it. I teach elementary and I am on my feet all day for many hours. I continue to limp. Many times I am not aware that I am. Since school my biking has slowed due to schedule and cold weather. It seems that the biking was a major therapy for me.
My question is this about two weeks ago I felt the shot wearing off (so only lasted 6 weeks). I was kneeling and when I got up my knee popped. Since I feel a sharp catching pain off and on in my same knee. The pain I was having after surgery was on the inside where he took out the menicus because it is bone on bone. when I have this pain it catch's and my knee doesn't necessary lock up but I am afraid to move my knee for the pain is so bad. do you think I have reinjured:O(

Reply Reply