It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
(female)

wooconley HB Userwooconley HB User
Question If torn meniscus will I be ok for opp foot surgery in May?

Hi, I've been lurking on this board and the foot board for a little while and have learned a lot.

My problem is that I need to have some serious (right) foot surgery in May that will have NWB for a couple of months. THEN a week ago my left knee collapsed under me. Long story short, my PCP thinks I have all the symptoms of a torn meniscus. I'm going for the MRI today. An aside: I think getting the MRI over a week since the "incident" is too long.

Anyway, IF I have to have surgery on my left knee, what are the chances that it will be able to be my only usable leg by May. I can only do strength training in a pool due to numerous joint problems.

I have to do the foot in May so my hubby can be home with me over the summer. If I don't get it done then, I'd probably have to wait a year.

I'm going to be 59 in Jan and am overweight and disabled from fibro and some permanent damage from Lyme Disease. 17 year survivor from breast cancer.

I'm a fighter and don't want to give up or give in to anything.

Pam

Reply Reply

Tags
knee, meniscus tear, recovery, strength training