It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 04:48 AM   #1
(female)

suecoffee HB User
Total Knee Replacement in 46 yr old female

Hey guys

I am not your typical TKR patient. I am a 46 yr old female with an injury to MCL 22 years ago and had a reconstruction of the MCL with what, I have not a clue! I also had an ACL reconstruct with a cadavers ligament 12 years ago. My knee is bone on bone and my femur bone is shifting toward my MCL. I am in alot of pain all of the time and I really am wanting to do a TKR. I am posting this out there to see if anyone else has been in a similiar situation. My doctor is not pushing me to do it. Wants me to wait another 1-2 years. Im not sure what that will accomplish. It may even make my ligaments even worse then they are now. I am going to go for a second opinion but could really use some advice from someone in a similiar situation.

Oh, very important!! If my MCL ligament can't support a regular TKR hardware I will have to get a hinged knee or constraint knee replacement. Anyone with experience with that type of knee please let me know your experience. How long do they last etc.

Thanks so much !

Reply Reply

Tags
tkr, total knee replacement