It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
(male)

Paul the Ump HB User
Hip replacement

I am needing a new hip, and I have a tentative surgery date if 12-17. My problem is that I have a rod and 11 srews in my femur from a spiral fracture about 20 years ago. My surgeon would prefer to take the old hardware out, then wait a few months before he performed my total hip replacement. I have begged him to do this in one procedure, because I had my knee replaced (same side) on 9-21, and I really want all this done in one surgery. I work for a very small company, so it is a real inconvenience for someone to cover my office for these procedures. Plus I would like to get all this done in 2012, because my wife had her hip replaced in July, so have obviously met our out of pocket requirements for the year. I think he will do it. I will know after another set of x-rays on 11-14. Has anyone out there had a similiar situation??

Thx

Old 11-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
(male)

gluckman HB User
Re: Hip replacement

My 2012 started out with a simple knee surgery. Further ongoing severe pain after the surgery revealled the need for a back fusion. Further post op severe pain led to xrays of my hip two weeks ago which showed I needed a hip replacement. I am waiting to the see the surgeon on 12/6. As you can imagine I have hit my maximum co-pay and out-of-pocket so I am pressing to get this done by 12/31 but it looks unlikely. The orthopedic place books 3-4 weeks out and that is just the way it works. I get a lot of empathy and understanding but the healthcare provider will not "accelerate" the process.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply