It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
(female)

Izzy8644 HB User
Really bad knee problems!!

I had a really bad fall in 2011 and messed up my knees really bad. I never went to the doctor cause it only felt like the outside was all that was hurt. I started going to college and i have to walk up and down stairs many times a day plus the 3 flights of steps up and down to my apartment. I get sharp pain in my knees and they get really weak. They like to give out on me unexpectedly. Even staying off of them for a bit doesn't help. If i stay off of them for to long they hurt. If i keep them bent for to long they hurt. Either way i can't win. They have gotten worse since it has gotten cold out. I don't really know what is going on or how i could help it. I don't have the money right now to go get them checked out. So i'm hoping its not something to serious. Anyone have a clue of what might be wrong, it may be getting worse. Any information is very helpful.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
(female)

Kamboyo HB UserKamboyo HB User
Re: Really bad knee problems!!

Hi Izzy

Sorry to hear of your problems. You've probably been told this time and time again but you really should have got a check up after your fall. I'm also sorry that money is an issue; we are lucky here in the UK that we don't have to pay to see a doctor. Since your knees are not improving, I am guessing you have caused some damage although without an examination and an x-ray, it's impossible to say what's going on. Perhaps you have torn some cartlidge. Knees are so complex. Some people say it's a myth but I know personally that if you have joint problems, the damp and cold make things worse. Do you have a friend or relative who could help you out financially so you can get a check up? I really think it's the only way to tackle this. I'm sorry this is not very helpful but the sooner you see a doctor the better. Take care and I hope you can get some help.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kamboyo For This Useful Post:
Izzy8644 (11-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
(female)

Tampa Mom HB UserTampa Mom HB User
Re: Really bad knee problems!!

Does your college have a clinic or health service you can use? If not, check locally to find out if you qualify as a self supporting student, for Medicaid. You cannot determine what you can do, without knowing what problem(s) you are dealing with. The longer you wait the likelier the damage will be more extensive and more costly to treat.

Reply Reply