It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
(female)

mamatofour HB User
Unhappy 4th surgery, STILL same pain and limited motion...

Long story short:

Been diagnosed with Arthrofibrosis (excessive scar tissue grows because of my body's reponse to healing)

June 26th- Microfracture surgery for a torn piece of cartilage

Only got to 98* after 6 weeks NWB

September 14th- Had scar tissue removed and a manual manipulation

Only got to 86-90* or so and 12* extension.

October 12th- Had another manual manipulation

I was only able to get to 86* TOPS and was stillw alking with my leg bent

Pain feels as though a deep joint pain, hurts to bend it and feels as though the bones will snap

November 6th- Went in to the hospital for another manipulation and scar tissue removal. He said the scar tissue is thicker each time which makes sense. :/ this time it was an overnight stay because I had a continuous epidural for 3 days so that I could gain as much range of motion as possible without pain. I was at 110* on the CPM (with pain but did it toi work past it) I was able to get the PT girl to literally PUSH my leg to 125* because I was desperate to get out of the hospital and home to my kids. It was extremely painful. Once the epidural was out, the pain came back and though I have a little more range of motion than before, (at 105 after a warm up when I push it to the point of tears) I still have that intense pain at the medial joint line and have no clue what it is. is there a way it could be scar tissue OUTSIDE the joint that the arthroscopic surgeries couldn't reveal? I am desperate. The doctor is upset with me I can tell but I am trying. I am doing my PT exercises but he said realistically, only expect to get to 110* for the rest of my life. I am young! I have kids and want to ride a bike or go horseback riding with them This is so frustrating. He said all of the scar tissue is out already and he has no idea why the joint inside seems to hurt me. Ideas??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply