It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
(male)

renegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB User
Knee Questions

I have had knee surgery twice within a year. Both for chodromalacia( runners knee) on my right knee. 2-3 weeks after the first surgery i was fine. Felt like a brand new knee and felt like I could run a marathon and never went to therapy since everything was fine. 2 months after the first surgery I slipped and twisted the knee and the pain was back, so went back to the doc. He gave me a cortisone shot and nothing good came of it so we did an MRI which showed chondromalacia, so i waited it out 7 months by doing exercises and stretches the doc gave me but to no help so had surgery for chondromaliacia again. This one didn't go as well as the first one so I started therapy and after I few weeks of therapy it started getting a little better then all of a sudden it went down hill and hasnt gotten better but instead is slowly getting worse. There was nothing we changed in therapy and we were actually moving at a slow speed. Before I went back to the docs a few about 3 weeks ago my therapist said my knee off traction when moving up and down only and that on the top inside while extending my knee she would feel crackling half the time when being extended. I was told all of this could be from the VMO muscle so to work on it like we have been in therapy. The doc agreed so gave me a cortisone shot to try to help the inflammation since I can not take nsaids. The shot did nothing and the more I stretch the VMO out and rest of the knee it seems to slowly be getting worse pain wise or walking more then 15 min. I have full flexing in the knee the therapist said and good strength but with some discomfort pain when doing the strength test at therapy. I am scheduled for an MRI in 3 weeks or so, but not sure what it could be. All the problems on the inside of the right knee like before with some instability at times in the knee as well, so I wear a knee brace to help. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply