It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

Wordwizard HB User
Five months post lateral meniscectomy.... Problems..

Hi, I woke up one morning in April with a warm painful swollen knee I could barely bear weight on. No injury or anything to cause it. It eventually improved some over a few days but still hurt so I saw an ortho who did nothing as I was about to undergo some abdominal surgery and he couldn't even give me a cortisone shot because of that. Eventually I got past my surgery and had an MRI which showed a tear of the lateral meniscus which I had repaired (actually removed 25% of the meniscus) at the end of July. It just never healed or improved like I should have. Weeks later I was still limping, stiff, and swollen. Eventually in September he tapped my knee and got a ton of fluid (dark yellow) and put in some cortisone. That helped for about 5 weeks and then it all came roaring back. Since then it's just an unbearable nuisance in my life. I got a 2nd opinion and had all kinds of blood work, plus another aspiration which showed nothing on lab analysis. Even tested for Lyme since I live in a heavy Lyme area. Nothing. My knee literally filled back up with fluid within 2 hrs of the aspiration. The dog barged past me the other day and it caused me to extend my knee extra straight, almost back on itself and the pain was excruciating. I yelled out in pain. All the doctor can come up with is some kind of synovitis, so today I'm having another MRI to see what is going on. I'm starting to think I might have that synovial osteochondromatosis. I wonder if that would show up on MRI? I seem to have all the symptoms. That meniscal tear could have been a red herring and might have been there for a long time and not the cause of my problem. Anybody have any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply