It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
(female)

Hellbug HB User
6 months after miniscus surgery

I had a miniscus surgery in the middle of June 2012 it is now Nov.20th 2012 and I am in pain almost 24/7. My knee is swollen around and below the knee cap ... I have a burning sharp pain and sleeping is impossible even with vicadin. The Dr. just started me on Pt. but, so far it has only been ultrasound and electrical stimulation because it is too painful to do much of the excercises. I had to almost beg for Pt because my knees range of motion was
bad and very stiff. I am 65 years old and always worked 2 jobs..able to stand for 12 hr. shifts, climb ladders ect.... now the doctor is saying that it is arthritis in my knee but, I never had a problem before... anyone else that has had these problems or any suggestions ????? Thank You !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
(female)

Wordwizard HB User
Re: 6 months after miniscus surgery

I am 52 and had lateral meniscectomy in July 2012. I have not been the same since. And I don't have ANY arthritis, that I've been assured of. I just had MRI #2 yesterday and awaiting results on Monday. My knee is FULL of fluid, all the time. I've had it aspirated twice and it fills back up within 2 hours. All lab tests on my blood and knee fluid are negative. I am stumped, but I am in the same boat as you. I used to run up stairs like a teenager and since this all started in April I go up the stairs like my 85-year-old mother. It really stinks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
(female)

barbjean13 HB User
Re: 6 months after miniscus surgery

I had a meniscectomy in January. Never got better and had it redone in September. My knee did not have any arthritis pain before the first surgery. Supposedly, the pain was due to lateral tears. After the surgery, I felt my knee was worse. Always stiff and painful. Makes this awful noise like cellophane crackling when I bend it, which I never had before. The first doc retired right after doing the surgery. Another surgeon thought I should have it redone because there were still tears. Well, three months now and it really has shown no improvement. I am trying to be optimistic because some people have told me it has taken up to a year to get better. Wish I knew whether this is just what the knee will be like from now on or if it will eventually get better. When I get up from sitting for a bit, it feels like it is just going to collapse. I am 61, but was very active in sports. I have had to give up alot of the things I could do before and don't hold out much hope for getting back to them in the future. I actually wonder if a replacement is in my near future. I feel like the doctors ruined the knee and made it worse than it ever was. Hope you both feel better.

Reply Reply