It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
(female)

kneebook HB User
Fall(s) after TKR and swelling problem.

Okay, this is a really messy knee case I have here. I'm 59 and:
I had my knee replaced June 1, 2012. Three Hours after surgery I FELLout of bed onto my face. Sides were down and I was heavily drugged. Staff took x-rays - all okay and so was sent home 4 days later. Swelling took a while to go down (2 months) an all was going slowly okay but okayish. THEN on October 1 I was visiting family and stepped into a post hole on a farm at night and took a major fall on my TKR knee again. sigh. Swelling was huge, pain was huge, stiffness was... well you get it, huge. X-rays showed no damage. Swelling is going down slowly, knee is stiff as of November 1. Came down with ear infection on November 1 (sigh) and took antibiotics and ear (AND THE KNEE) got better... then once off of antibiotics knee swelled up a bit again. Should I worry about INFECTION? It's November 25, swelling is a bit better but knee is stiff... Should I get my surgeon to check for infection or am I just looking for more trouble. The knee feeling better while on antibiotics really worries me. And frankly - does anyone out there think an implant can be jinxed. lol. I'm beginning to worry. Thanks!

Reply Reply

Tags
falls, replacement surgery