It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
(female)

toni703 HB User
Red face Partial Knee Replacement

Greetings everyone,

Its been a while since I posted anything up here. My question is how "young" is to young to have a (PKR) partial knee repl? I am 39 yrs old and have dealt with sickness and health problems all my life. I am a Crohns patient, in which I've had since 17. It is in remission right now so that's one less thing to deal with. Thank God for that. But I have been dealing with my knees for about 5 yrs now and I have had surgery on the rt one twice. The 1st surgery was due to my patella slipping out of place and it would cause my leg to give out on me at any given time. Cartilage was cleaned out as well. 2 yrs later had it scoped again, doc said I had lots of cartilage floating around getting stuck causing lots of pain. My cartilage is thinning very bad & I'm almost bone on bone. After having an mri my dr said I have the knees of a 60 yr old. Explains why I'm in so much pain! I have been on pain meds, done steriod shots, gel shots, theraphy, etc. to NO avail I got relief. My Dr told me that I should not get any more shots since They aren't working. Which brings me to my question, has anyone had a pkr under the age of 40? Knees play a BIG part of your day to day life and can make you inmobile to the point you have to cut out most of what you enjoy doing. My house has stairs that I have to go up & down several times a day. My knees have cause my great pain, especially the right one. So i went to another dr which is my 2nd opinion, & he started talking bout how young I was to have the surgery. But after hearing that I have suffered with crohns, he said that could be a big part of my joint problems. I am scheduled to have a artrogram ct of the right knee on this Thur. He will see me back after this test & discuss the results as to what will happen next. If anyone can enlighten me as to this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Blessings to you & yours,
Toni

Back surgeries
knee surgeries
hysterectomy
adhesion surgeries
sinus surgery
gall bladder surgery
breast surgery
Crohns
hiatal hernia
heart murmur