It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
(female)

dustyman5000 HB User
double hip replacement

Hi all,

I am 56 years, good health, had to have a total right leg hip replacement on August 12, 2012. It left me with a 2" discrepancy, where my new hip was 2" higher than my left. Had to insist on having a 're-do', not knowing what I had in store. Had that on September 13th, one month and a day from the first one.

It is now December 4, 2012. I have been in physical therapy from day one and am still going. Went to my surgeon today and asked why it is taking so long for me to walk without a limp (my right leg wants to give when I get up from sitting, I limp for a stride of about 15' before I can correct my gait and walk straight).

My surgeon let me know that he had to cut muscles to do both surgeries, which I had previously thought was untru, but was alusive on specifics. Can anyone out there tell me what muscles are cut so I can concentrate on that area? My thigh hurts every time I get up, but that is not the only pain I feel; the pain is really hard to ditect.

Thank you,

dustyman5000

Reply Reply