It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
(female)

erikalb HB User
Chronic knee pain

I'm hoping to get some feedback since I don't have health insurance. I'm 28, a horse trainer and I've been riding since about the age of 6. I've had knee pains since I was a teenager. It's definitely gotten worse and it's daily. Normal days just achy and stiff. Some days I might have severe pain in one knee more then the other and in a specific area. I've also had throbbing pains and stinging type of pains as well. Some nights I'll wake up and have to bend my knees because they ache so bad. I ride horses 5-7 days a week and I also jog. Work through the pain and then take ibuprofen and sometimes ice and/or heat. I've tried just about every joint supplement possible with no positive/noticeable results.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
(male)

DaveO48 HB UserDaveO48 HB User
Re: Chronic knee pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikalb View Post
I'm hoping to get some feedback since I don't have health insurance. I'm 28, a horse trainer and I've been riding since about the age of 6. I've had knee pains since I was a teenager. It's definitely gotten worse and it's daily. Normal days just achy and stiff. Some days I might have severe pain in one knee more then the other and in a specific area. I've also had throbbing pains and stinging type of pains as well. Some nights I'll wake up and have to bend my knees because they ache so bad. I ride horses 5-7 days a week and I also jog. Work through the pain and then take ibuprofen and sometimes ice and/or heat. I've tried just about every joint supplement possible with no positive/noticeable results.
Hi,
The unfortunate news for anyone without insurance is, it's going to cost some money to find out just what you are dealing with. A visit to a primary care provider will steer you in the right direction to get some answers. Self medicating, and I know all about that, isn't likely to provide you with a solution and may cause more harm than good.
Do yourself a favor, bite the bullet and get a professional opinion.
I had my first knee problem at age 17. I didn't find out what the problem was until I was in my 50's. By then the arthritic complications rendered repairs useless. Isn't hindsight wonderful?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
knee pain