It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
(female)

Izzy8644 HB User
Update on the knee pain

I posted on here not to long ago if anyone could give me advice on my knee pain. I had a bad fall in 2011 and since i started college pain in my knees have gotten worse and worse. The last couple of nights I've woken up with my knees in lots of pain. That pain that you get when something falls asleep is what it feels like. But it's different I don't get the tingly sensation to much and it's more pain then it falling asleep. It's constant even when i move them. It then slowly slows down then goes away but the only time i get it is when i am asleep. They still hurt if i have them bent for to long while sitting and still hurt when I walk on them too much. Any information you can give me on what could be wrong would be helpful. I don't have insurance so i can't go in and get them looked at. The only place i can think of is this free clinic i heard about at the college down the road from me that's for people with no insurance. The only thing is that it's also to help the medical students at the college. So i don't know how helpful it will be. The only thing that can help me is insurance through job and family but they haven't gotten a hold of me for a couple of weeks now so i don't know when i'll be getting the insurance. Plus the knee pain is getting worse and i don't know how long i can wait for that. Any thing that can relieve the pain other then medication (because of work) would be very helpful. Thanks you guys!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Silver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB User
Re: Update on the knee pain

Hi Izzy:
'Since there is a free clinic at the college down the road why not give that a try? Medical students can be pretty smart even if they aren't doctors yet! At least you will get a medical opinion which might be helpful. If you decide to do that please let us know how it went and what they said. And can you inquire about your job insurance and when it will be effective?
In other words, take action now. It will help ease your fears if not your pain.

Reply Reply