It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
(male)

noahjojo18 HB User
Post Struggling with my knee.

Hi everyone,
I am noah from Texas. I just wanted to know that is there any way to get rid of knee pain except surgery? Looking for advice and appreciate you for your answer in advance.

Thanks
noah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
(female)

ctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB User
Re: Struggling with my knee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahjojo18 View Post
Hi everyone,
I am noah from Texas. I just wanted to know that is there any way to get rid of knee pain except surgery? Looking for advice and appreciate you for your answer in advance.

Thanks
noah
What knee surgery are you talking about? I have had knee surgeries (yes plural) once my left knee and twice on my right. I had the scope surgery to have some fragments removed from behind my knee cap and the bone smoothed down. It was only a temporary fix. The first sugery on my right knee lasted maybe 4 years. The second surgeries helped for less than 2 yrs and my knees are bothering me again.
I recommend trying an orthopedic who trys alternatives to surgery. There are braces that help, physical therapy, even medications (I dont mean just pain meds). Some of the otc joint meds will help.
I also alterate heat/ ice on the really bad days. I wear a brace all the time to prevent any further injury.
My orthopedic is saying I eventually need a total knee replacement, but since I am only 34,that wont be happening anytime soon. The knee replacements last about 10 yrs and I wont be doing that twice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
arthritis, back pain, foot pain, knee pain, medication