It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
(female)

lauraw89 HB User
Help for a newbie. Hypermobility?

Hi guys I am new here and looking for some advice on my knee issues. As long as I can remember when I stand up straight my knees lock in a backward position. This is my normal standing position and I have to consciously think about it to not stand that way. Does this mean my knees are hypermobile? My knee pain started about four years ago when I was climbing a steep hill multiple times a day to get to my dorm room. I had knee pain when walking and they hurt when sitting for long periods of time. I saw an orthopedic surgeon who did a few xrays and told me I had patellofemoral pain syndrome, a PT gave me exercises to do and I was sent on my way. I never really did my exercises but the pain improved when I moved dorms and started going to the gym more. Until about a year ago everything was fine as long as I didn't run or walk too far. I now work on my feet 7 hours a day squatting, carrying and moving large amounts of weight, and just generally being on my feet. I now know if its going to rain the next day or if Im going to be getting sick by the pain in my knees. Some nights I wake myself up by screaming because my knees hurt so bad. I cant wear pants that restrict my knees and I can't sleep on my stomach because my knees are pushed into my mattress. My knees pop when walking a lot and feel stiff after periods of rest. Some days are worse than others but the pain is worse in the evening and I feel like an old lady at 23. I'm seeing a new orthopedic surgeon in a couple weeks but what do you think of my condition and possible treatments?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply