It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 05:19 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Nanner HB UserNanner HB User
Arthroscopy w/PRP

Hi all. I hope there is some decent discussion here, as back in 2002 I received a lot of information and support on Healthboards before my ACDF.

I am scheduled for arthroscopy on my right knee on Jan. 25. It's been 3 years since they did the same to my left knee. This time I have significant issues with the joint locking, have already tried cortisone (no help). I did Synvisc on the left to no avail, so don't want to waste time and money on it.

I have a lateral meniscus tear, there is constant fluid build up, and I wake at night sometimes with a sharp pain in the knee or just below it. I can't ride our tandem, can't do much walking or stair climbing without pain afterwards, so I'm ready to try arthroscopy on this side.

The surgeon had suggested PRP for the right knee almost a year ago, but it wasn't covered by insurance. Now he said that while he's doing the arthroscopy he will also do PRP for both knees, and it won't cost me a dime. While I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, I'm wondering if PRP has worked for anyone out there?

The surgeon said that he had PRP on his knees 2 years ago, and it worked wonders for him personally. While that sounds like a great endorsement, I'd like some feedback from "regular folks" who have had the therapy. Any comments greatly appreciated!

Old 01-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
(female)

Chillytoes HB User
Re: Arthroscopy w/PRP

I have a medial meniscus tear in my right knee. I will have arthroscopic surgery this Friday the 18th. I don't know what prp is, but I do hope you get relief soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
arthroscopy, prp