It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
(male)

larry395 HB User
Sudden severe hip pain

I have a sudden severe pain on the inside,(front?), of my left hip and radiates down the inside of my leg. The pain is not constant. It occurs when I turn my knee to the outside, or attempt to cross my left leg onto my right knee when sitting. The movement that aggrevates it the most is if I stomp my left foot down. The pain is sudden and intense, similar to a spasm and radiates down my leg. It takes several seconds for the pain to subside. I can not stress how intense this pain is. I am a 48 yr old male, very active and exercise a minimum of 1 hour a day.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
(male)

southr HB User
Re: Sudden severe hip pain

I have very similar symptoms but no answer yet either. I get a sudden severe shooting pain on occasion only in my right hip. It only happens when i get in or out of a car or sometimes when crossing my legs or turning my leg to walk in a different direction. The pain is the most severe pain i have ever felt, worse than an abscessed tooth by far. It never lasts more than a few seconds. It happens maybe 6 times a year.

I also suffer from break outs on that same hip that appear to be a herpes infection. I have been tested for herpes however and the results were negative.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
(male)

traveler3309 HB Usertraveler3309 HB User
Re: Sudden severe hip pain

I started having the same symptoms that you are describing about two years ago and I was diagnosed with AVN (Avascular Necrosis). I dealt with it until I could not anymore and had a hip replacement seven weeks ago. I would advice against getting any kind of steroid injection because over time it will make it worse. I am 45yrs old and I am glad I finally went for the surgery because I can walk and straighten my leg which I haven't been able to do for sometime. With modern medical technology their is no need to suffer in pain. Good luck to you.

Reply Reply

Tags
hip pain