It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
(male)

renegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB User
Please help with MRI results

Going to see the doc late next week but want to see if anyone can help read any or all of this to help me understand it. Maybe with enough people most or all of the results can be figured out.

Here are the impressions of the MRI

1. full thickness focal cartliage loss involving the central articular surface of the medial femoral condyle. There is also a focal full thickness fissuring of the atricular cartliage of the posterior-superior aspect of the lateral femoral condyle. These finding are associated with 2 adjacent low signal intensity intraarticular bodies along the posterior aspect of the distal femoral metaphysis. These are probably unchanged from the previous exam.

2. Moderate size joint effusion is increased from previous exam

3. Mild proximal patellar tendinosis

4. Stable chronic edema surronding the femoral attatchment of the medial gastrocnemius tendon suggesting chronic tendinoses

5. no evidnce of focal boney contusion.

6. thinning of the articular cartliage within the medial femorotibial compartment with a full thickness cartlidge loss of the central articular surface of the medial femoral condyle which measures approximatly 0.6cm in greatest dimensions.

7. moderate medial compartment joint space narrowing.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
(male)

CLB1988 HB User
Re: Please help with MRI results

I read this a few times and felt bad that nobody responded. However, I don't think there are many radiologists posting on healthboards so getting an answer from someone on these boards about something that highly specific is tough. I see that you are from Texas. There is a site called US News& World Report where they give the rankings of the top doctors and hospitals in each area. I would go to the radiology department of one of the top rated institutions in your area and ask for their opinion if you have any doubts about your doctor or the radiology study. That is if you have the means to do that and your insurance covers it. Remember not all doctors are created equal and not all radiologists are created equal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
(male)

renegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB User

Thanks for your reply. I am hoping that different people can help with whatever section of the question they might have knowledge on. I have been tryign to look up different things especially about the cartilage but am still confused about how bad the MRI impressions were. I know it is not good have had tried everything from ortho shots, to therapy, to artho surgery for grade 3 chondromalacia, but with the impression of the cartilage from what I am seeing it looks bad. Hopefully someone will read the MRI impression below and help me understand how bad.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
(male)

prech HB User

Looks like you have a good amount of cartilage loss, and with the unsuccessful scope (cleanup, or microfracture?), you might need to opt for a replacement or partial resurfacing? Since the cartilage loss appears to be localized to the medial portion, maybe you won't want a total replacement.

Some docs are doing really innovative cartilage regeneration techniques, so if you're willing to travel, that may be an option...

Old 02-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
(male)

prech HB User

Looks like you have a good amount of cartilage loss, and with the unsuccessful scope (cleanup, or microfracture?), you might need to opt for a replacement or partial resurfacing? Since the cartilage loss appears to be localized to the medial portion, maybe you won't want a total replacement.

Some docs are doing really innovative cartilage regeneration techniques, so if you're willing to travel, that may be an option...

Reply Reply