It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 03:42 AM   #1
(male)

larry395 HB User
Severe Hip pain

I have a sudden severe pain on the inside,(front?), of my left hip and radiates down the inside of my leg. The pain is not constant. It occurs when I turn my knee to the outside, or attempt to cross my left leg onto my right knee when sitting. The movement that aggrevates it the most is if I stomp my left foot down. The pain is sudden and intense, similar to a spasm and radiates down my leg. It takes several seconds for the pain to subside. I can not stress how intense this pain is. I am a 48 yr old male, very active and exercise a minimum of 1 hour a day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
(male)

CLB1988 HB User
Re: Severe Hip pain

Definitely get that checked out by an orthopedic surgeon. That sounds like it could be a hip labral tear. I had a hip labral tear diagnosed when I was 19 but I chose not to get it operated on because I was mostly having trouble with abdominal pain which didn't seem to be related. Sometimes people go to anesthesiologists for that type of pain too if there is not too much structural damage.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #3
(male)

henry88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry395 View Post
I have a sudden severe pain on the inside,(front?), of my left hip and radiates down the inside of my leg. The pain is not constant. It occurs when I turn my knee to the outside, or attempt to cross my left leg onto my right knee when sitting. The movement that aggrevates it the most is if I stomp my left foot down. The pain is sudden and intense, similar to a spasm and radiates down my leg. It takes several seconds for the pain to subside. I can not stress how intense this pain is. I am a 48 yr old male, very active and exercise a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Make sure to visit an PT. Can you just let me know if you are experiencing any swelling, stiffness in the hip? As I doubt it may be Hip Arthritis. Don't make any vigorous activity or else it may increase the pain.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:48 AM   #4
(female)

bvkmt3 HB User

do you limp on and off? have you ever (not a judgement, just a high risk category thing) been a drinker of alcohol or have had to use steroids-keep in mind asthma meds almost all, are steroids? If so be sure to tell you dr immediately. AVN is a possibility. When I was having trouble, same pain same place doc was guessing (before MRI) labral tear or AVN. Once he knew I was former social drinker (can no longer stomach it) and was put on a prednisone taper as well as inhalers, breathing treatments numerous times, they wanted to do the special MRI, arthrogram but my insurance wouldn't cover it. a side note-my son had the children's form starting at age 5-LCPD-and his pain as only in his knee.

Good luck and I hope this resolves quickly and painlessly as possible for you!

Reply Reply

Tags
hip pain