It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
(female)

blondie32 HB User
mri left knee

PLEASE SOMEONE ANYONE HELP can someone please help me to understand my mri result i went to a doctor and he did not explain anything here are the results my injury occured on december 28 2012 the results are as follows 1.no tear of the menisci 2.bone marrow edema posterior medial tibial plateau.nondisplaced fracture of the proximal fibula.associated adjacent soft tissue edema with mmild edema of the soleus muscle. 3.chondromalacia of the patella. 4.chronic calcification along the medial aspect of the patella.deformity of the inferior medial patella and the lateral femoral condyle.findings would suggest remote transient patellar dislocations. 5.benign lesions within the proximal tibia.most consistent with an enchondroma. final report:6.small joint effusion.small ganglion along the anterolateral compartment.no corresponding meniscus signal chhanges to suggest a tear of the lateral meniscus.

Last edited by blondie32; 01-22-2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: ADDED MORE STUFF

Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
(female)

blondie32 HB User
Re: mri left knee

i see alot of people have read my mri left knee but noone is giving me any feed back as to what it might mean 77 reads and no replies?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
(female)

lauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB User

Well, blondie, there's a lot of info you've put out there. First of all, I don't understand why your doctor didn't explain all this to you! When I have had my many knee MRI's done, my doc sits down with me and shows me the images on his computer screen and tells me in detail what it all means. I have had 5 knee surgeries since 2004. 4 of them were to repair or remove torn meniscus and to try to repair my Chondromalacia. So I do understand some of the stuff you mentioned.

Chondromalacia is basically an irritation under the surface of the patella (knee cap). It is covered with a layer of cartiledge that is supposed to be smooth, which allows the knee to glide over it when you bend it. But if there is an injury or something that irritates it or causes it to rub against the knee joint, that cartiledge gets roughed up and frayed looking. Every time I have had a knee scope, they have smooth the frayed cartiledge and try to repair what they can.

The Following User Says Thank You to lauralei51 For This Useful Post:
blondie32 (01-27-2013)
Old 01-26-2013, 12:38 AM   #4
(female)

lauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB User

It also looks like you have a benign cyst. Enchondroma is a benign cyst of the cartiledge. I have a Baker's cyst in the back of my knee caused by all the swelling I always have. It's also benign and they've never removed it during my surgeries. My doc says it isn't a problem.

You don't appear to have any damage to your meniscus. I guess the only thing I see that I might question is if you have a fractured patella? That is my take on it anyway.
I hope you ask your doc! Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to lauralei51 For This Useful Post:
blondie32 (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
(female)

MRI Tech HB User

Hello, Blondie32.

You also have a bone bruise at the top of your tibia (the large bone in your lower leg) and a hairline fracture at the top of your fibula (the small bone of your lower leg). All the tissue around your knee is swollen and sore.

The radiologist noted findings that would suggest remote passing patellar dislocations. Does your kneecap become dislocated often?

Reply Reply