It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Larimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB User
Sinus infection and hip replacement

I was diagnosed with a sinus infection in early January. I took antibiotics for ten days. Still had cold but figured infection was gone after ten days. I had no symptoms that I recognized. Two weeks went by and my dentist when taking X-rays saw sinus infection She prescribed antibiotics. I have a call into my regular doctor to discuss. But am worried that recurrence or incomplete clearing up of infection first time may cause problems with hip. Anyone have any experience with this.

Last edited by Larimergirl; 01-29-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Silver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB User
Re: Sinus infection and hip replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larimergirl View Post
I was diagnosed with a sinus infection in early January. I took antibiotics for ten days. Still had cold but figured infection was gone after ten days. I had no symptoms that I recognized. Two weeks went by and my dentist when taking X-rays saw sinus infection She prescribed antibiotics. I have a call into my regular doctor to discuss. But am worried that recurrence or incomplete clearing up of infection first time may cause problems with hip. Anyone have any experience with this.
Hi Larimergirl:
In my experience I have had to have another course of an antibiotic for a given infection.

I am glad that you have contacted your regular doctor about this. You might also want to contact your hip surgeon and ask him about this. Please let us know what you find out. The rest of us might have the same situation at some point.

I recently had the same kind of acute bronchitis that former President George HW Bush had and I had a course of an antibiotic. This is now cleared up and I have not noticed any problems with either replacement hip.

Last edited by Silver Swan; 01-30-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: typos

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Larimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB User

My doctor said not to worry about the two week interval between first course of treatment ending and discovery that infection still lingered. She says that amount of remaining infection is small and that so long as I treat now I'll be ok. She said most people, unbeknownst to them, carry around small sinus infections (usually caused by a cold) and no damage is done. Key is to always treat sinus infections promptly and to keep it from becoming severe. So, I'm taking Cipro which seems to be doing the trick.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Silver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larimergirl View Post
My doctor said not to worry about the two week interval between first course of treatment ending and discovery that infection still lingered. She says that amount of remaining infection is small and that so long as I treat now I'll be ok. She said most people, unbeknownst to them, carry around small sinus infections (usually caused by a cold) and no damage is done. Key is to always treat sinus infections promptly and to keep it from becoming severe. So, I'm taking Cipro which seems to be doing the trick.
Hi Larimergirl:
I am so glad that you have another anti biotic prescription to clear up that sinus infection. Those little leftover infections can bring on something more serious if not treated! Also glad that the infection seems to be lessening already. Please keep us posted on how things are going.

Reply Reply