It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
(female)

blueygirl1 HB User
Angry Referred Pain or Meniscus Tear??So Confused

About 12 weeks ago I injured my back while at the gym. Came home took NSAIDS, ice and pain meds for 3 days. Some improvement, but I was still in enough pain to go to the Dr. A Family Medicine Doctor (not mine) saw me and said he thought I had herniated a disc in my spine. Got an xray which he said confirmed his suspicions. L3 was in fact herniated. He gave me pain meds, but the pain got worse and worse each day. I was have spasming from my back/hip area down into my knee.

I contacted my OS who checked my knee cause the pain was so bad there. He ordered an MRI which did show an impressive hernniation at L3 and L4. He said my knee pain was referred pain from the spine.

He referred me to Pain Doctor and he ordered a spinal epidural for me. The epidural helped quite a bit, but I was still having the knee pain. It was feeling like someone was trying to twist off my kneecap.

Went back to OS cause of the continual knee pain. He checked me and said he thought I had torn my meniscus given all my symptoms. Pain with rolling over in bed, getting in and out of car, bending, squatting, tying shoes. He ordered another MRI, this time of the right medial knee. He also emailed me and told me he was gonna go ahead and put me on his schedule for arthroscopy as soon as MRI results were back.

Had the MRI 2 days ago. He emails me and tells me MRI is completely normal. What the HELL!!! He wants me to come back in tomorrow and he will inject my knee joint. He says I still may have referred pain from my spine, even though my back doesn't hurt at all anymore.

I have to take 5-6 Norco a day plus anti-inflammatory just to get thru my day. I can't get pain meds in me fast enough each am., as the pain is soo intense. Sometimes it even wakes me up.

So, Im so confused and still in pain, and instead of having an answer to this knee pain, I have more questions. What is wrong with my knee?????????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply