It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
(female)

blueygirl1 HB User
Anybody Know About Plica Syndrome??

Went back to OS yesterday and he was convinced that I had a meniscus tear, but MRI was negative and all appeared normal. He injected my medial knee joint and said he suspects I may have Plica Syndrome. He explained, it mimics the symptoms of a meniscus tear and doesnt show up on an MRI.

Quite honestly knee feels a little better today after injection.

Last edited by blueygirl1; 02-02-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
(male)

prech HB User
Re: Anybody Know About Plica Syndrome??

Plicas are folds of the knee joint lining... I had mine cut/trimmed during another knee procedure as mine were quite large and the surgeon felt it would impede normal knee motion and eventually cause arthritis.

Plica irritation is quite uncommon, so I don't know how often surgery is required just to remedy it. Certainly you want a great surgeon if do any kind of surgery -- plicas can grow back and become even more bothersome if not properly removed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
(female)

blueygirl1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prech View Post
Plicas are folds of the knee joint lining... I had mine cut/trimmed during another knee procedure as mine were quite large and the surgeon felt it would impede normal knee motion and eventually cause arthritis.

Plica irritation is quite uncommon, so I don't know how often surgery is required just to remedy it. Certainly you want a great surgeon if do any kind of surgery -- plicas can grow back and become even more bothersome if not properly removed
Did yours feel like a pinching sensation in your knee? My knee feels like its being pinched when I bend it, and if I try to kneel on that knee it feels like its going to rip.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
(male)

prech HB User

No pinching, mostly asymptomatic really. I had mostly adhesions and pain with exertion like squats and stairs

Reply Reply